Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

lazy ass husband......restraining order or legal separatrion

we are a family of 9...7 kids, my hubby and i. my hubby hasn't worked for the last 4 years and refuses to get job. all he does is be on the internet the whole night and sleep the whole day. he is also emotionally abusive to the kids. i've finally kicked him out. i don't ever want to see him again. i want nothing to do with him. if i get a legal seperation and he tries to come to the house, can i call the cops on him? or do i need a restraining order? what excatly is a legal seperation? how can i legally stop him from coming to my house. i need nothing from him...i just need for him to leave me alone. thanks ladies

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • Ask a lawyer. Get a consultation. I think they're free.

    Answer by Imogine at 2:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • i would get both!

    Answer by charisma10 at 2:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • If he was abusive to the children in anyway i think you can get a restraining order

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • A separation is just a piece of paper that says that can spell out everything from visitation, division of debts or assets, and even spousal support. The only difference between a legal separation and a divorce is that a legal separation does NOT end your marriage.

    If you don't want him around then you need to file a restraining order.

    Answer by Lesli at 2:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • If it's his house as well you can't kick him out and he has every right to come back in. Sorry but unless he has physically harmed you they won't give you a restraining order. Those are for if you are in any immediate danger not if your feelings get hurt with his mean words. Just get a divorce if you don't want to ever see him again, why just a legal separation? Talk to a family court lawyer. Look in the book, many do free consults.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • some states like florida where I live, dont have legal seperation theres just no such thing you are eighter married or divorced I hope everything works out for you,I have 5 kids myself 1 with severe special needs and I cannot imagine my husband not taking care of us

    Answer by jendramis at 5:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Yes you can get a restraining order,if there is emotional abuse you can get one.There are not lawyers good lawyers who do free consultations.A good divorce lawyer charges$100.00 for a legal consultation.Don't get a low cost lawyer I would never.There just not good enough.You can go to the court house and ask for a restraining order.You have to show up at 8 am in the morning and by 2pm if your lucky your restraining order is aproved and filed.You can get the sheriff to deliver it for free if you qualify they go by income.

    Answer by Anonymous at 5:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.