DD's pee-pee burns and is red when she gets out of bath......

Sometimes she cries and says her pee-pee burns and it is fire red. I always make sure to get the soap out. What else could it be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• If she's potty trained, is it possible she has an infection from not wiping properly?
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 2:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Do you use bubble bath? It could be irritating her if she is in the bath for a long time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• UTI, if she has the burning all the time.

Answer by louise2 at 2:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It could be either a UTI or irritation from bubble bath if she uses that. I'd take her to the doctor to make sure. Bubble bath isn't recommended for little girls ( I don't know if you're using it or not, I'm just saying) because it can cause UTI's.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Even rinsing the soap off she may still be having an allergic or sensitive reaction. Try washing her with a very bland soap by having her stand or sit in the tub and just use a cloth and maybe a basin that you dip the cloth in and ring it out. Then have her stand and run clean water over her eithet with the cloth or a cup. We have a hose thing that hangs from the shower so we use this to give my granddaughter a nice shower without the water getting in her eyes, or you can buy a faucet attachment hose that will work the same way and be better than the basin idea. You have to wash the delicate area, of course, but very mild soap and not letting the sit on there, and no soaking in bubble bath or soapy water.

Answer by Bmat at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• bladder infection. Bubble baths can actually cause them so aren't recommened. Try putting some vaseline on to help protect the skin, but take to doc to rule out the infection or get treatment. It's no fun to have those, so get treated asap! Also, can move to the kidneys too if it's an infection.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Stop soaping her vulva; it is clearly irritated by the soap.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• And please teach your children the proper names for body parts and bodily functions....

Answer by rkoloms at 3:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• rkoloms- Can you advise us all on the proper names for body parts & functions? Because we call my little girls a pee pee too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My daughter has a pee pee and a bottom too. She also goes pee pee and poo poo in the potty. Didn't realize it was such a horrible thing, rkoloms!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009