Socialism? OR are we moving straight for communism?

... we're moving straight towards communism.

Communism
A utopian state of government where specified property or means of production are owned by the state and not citizens or persons, and which may also provide for a form of equal distribution of national production.

A form of government which arose from the revolution in Russia, circa 1917 and which explicitly distinguished itself from socialism.

Communism, as a concept, had initially been formulated by Karl Marx who saw it as a process of sudden change or reform of the capitalist system, especially laws which sustained private property; socialism being the means, communism the end.
cont.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Bogdanor writes that the other nations in the world have modeled the Russian model of communism (China and Cuba, in particular) and that it is characterized by the:

“... monolithic unity of the organization demanded the total subordination of the minority to the majority and the prohibition of factions and fractions.

The Oxford Dictionary of Politics puts it more succinctly, describing communism as an ultimate perhaps utopian end to achieve:

“... a classless, socialist society in which private ownership has been abolished and the means of production and subsistence belong to the community.”

This is perhaps not surprising. A Chilean government official once said:

“Socialism can only arrive by bicycle.”
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have been seriously thinking about this. Is does seem as if they are almost planning to bypass socialism. They are lulling people into thinking socialism isn't so bad. Once they are there communism is an easy jump.

Of course a communist USA will be over some of our cold dead bodies....whether we are patriots or not.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 2:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• BO is beyond Socialism, he's clearly a Marxist! He's dangerous for this country and should be considered an enemy combatant of the Constitution. If I had the money to get there, I'd personally place him under citizen's arrest for high treason!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I appreciate this question, and the answers already given here.

The differences between socialism and communism aside, I think the crux of the matter it that the re-organization of the Federal Gov't's power is being done swiftly, against outraged opposition.

Already the bail-outs, etc. have included violations of the Constitution.

The czars' power to impose gov't regulations violates the constitutional requirement that the President's Cabinet members make reports to the Congress - the czars are NOT accoutnable to congress, therefore they SHOULD have ONLY the power to research things for the President and make recommendations.

Whether we are seeing Socialism or Communism, we are DEFINITELY seeing a dictatorship framework being put in place.

If the Health Care, and the Energy (Cap&Trade) bills pass, this framework will become law.

Sure it's unConstitutional, but it'll take years to overturn.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 5:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• All I know is it's sad that most didn't want the bailout and they still could just do the bailouts. If the government works for us how can they do all this stuff w/o our approval? I know we elected them, but I do not think the people in congress should be able to serve for long periods. I also think that that we need to figure out how we can stop them from doing stuff we don't approve of. This trend of government acting as if they know better then you the people bothers me a lot.

SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 9:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009