When did you introduce the sippy cup?

And when did you little one actually like drinking from it?

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 2:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I introduced it at around 6 months, he started really reaching it for and wanting it at around 7. He's 9 now and still has a problem tilting it up far enough to get the last little bit, but he likes it

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think it was about 7 or 8 months maybe????....She didn't show any real interest though until about 10 months. Now she loves it and she just turned 11 months
    Lauren24

Answer by Lauren24 at 2:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• about 8 m/o. I offered it with water or diluted juice. he liked it and took to it well, but only later in the day. he refused it in the mornings (at first) because he was so used to me (he was used to the nipple, not the sippy spout).
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I gave my 10.5 month old girl one at 6 months old to get used to it, then she couldnt really drink out of it good alone til around 9 months.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 2:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I introduced it at 6months and they really used it by 8 or 9 months.

KaRaBaSsEtT

Answer by KaRaBaSsEtT at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• At about 5-6 months when he started juice. he was off the bottle completely by 11 months.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 3:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I introduced it at 5 mo. with water until she actually started drinking from it (around 7 mo.) and then switched to diluted juice as an incentive. I used the straw type right from the beginning (nuby has one with a valve to prevent spills)...a friend told me the sucking reflex is still active until about 8 mo., so if you get them on the straw early, they'll take it quickly. I switched her from bottle to sippy cup exclusively at 12 mo. with no issues at all. The straw type is nice because they don't have to learn to tilt it backwards (which my daughter still has issues with=)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I gave my son one at beginning of 6 months. He didn't want anything to do with it. So I put it away til he turned 7 months. We have the ones with handles on it so he likes to grab the handles and drink from it. W/o handles forget it...Still working on getting him used to it.
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009