ALONE....

ok, here's the thing.. My husband just moved me and our 2 year old son 7 hours from home... I worked with my mom everyday and was able to take my son to work with me.. i had play dates with other moms and kids.... i had all my family and friends around me 24/7 .. we were never at home.. we stayed busy all the time,
NOW.. my hubby works all the time, i wont work cause i don't want our son to be in daycare full time, even though i miss my career.. i am stuck in the house all the time and we moved to the most miserable hottest place on earth, so we can't play outside much... i have no friends no family, even when i try to call them they are too busy with their day to day, so i am completely alone with nothing but 2 year old conversation, which is great at times, but can get frustrating.. what is a 26 year old whose FULL of life and energy to do.. like today it is 2:00 in the day and i'm still in my p.j.'s. .I'm drowning slowly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• get out of the house - there's the local library which usually has a storytime for preschoolers, go window shopping at the mall, join a program at the Little Gym for you and your son. I live in the South and it's hot here, but usually you can hit the playgrounds early in the day. Slather on sunscreen and play in water outside - a pool if you have access to one, or buy a baby pool to sit in with your son, or worst case just a big bucket with some plastic squirt toys. But I encourage you to join some type of group - Little Gym, MOPS (google it), etc. so you can meet some other moms and get out a little.

Answer by missanc at 2:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• omg im in the same situation, cept its 7.5 hours away from home! it sucks
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• how about going back to school? You could meet folks and some schools have campus day cares so the child would not be in there all day, just when you need it.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Missanc is exactly right... get out of the house... meet other moms, meet new friends.

I haven't lived at "home" in 8 years... and we move every few years to a new place that is nowhere near home.

MOPS is great, you can meet awesome people there. Everywhere you go, strike up conversations with people. I've met some great friends in stores, at the pool, at the park, etc.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We need to be friends....seriously here!
    I live in a rural area and it's because of my husband. I am home 24/7 and refuse to work. I didn't have my kids to throw them in daycare. The moms around here are clicky and if you weren't born here you don't belong here. The nearest mall is 30 minutes away and it's tiny. The next largest town is 90 miles away.
    All my friends and family are 4 hours away. I have facebook to stay in touch but I get even more lonely because they are doing things that are fun. I'm stuck with kids and housework. My husband goes out with the guys everyday after work and gets mad if I even think about complaining. He worked all day and deserves it, in his opinion. yes he works but being stuck with kids and the house isn't a breeze either. I have to do everything to the point of I might as well be single!!! There isn't any reason to be here except hubby's job. I have lost "me" since I moved here 7 yrs ago.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• just one thing I didn't mention. check to see if there's a playgroup. you can even try to just hang out at a mcdonalds playspace. I thought about it aand recalled a time when I was younger my 1st husband moved us to a town for work. He made friends with other women and then introduced me to them. That worked for awhile. making friends is like dating guys you have to pick through the weeds before you find a gem. Unfortunatly this time around in my 2nd marriage and this town there aren't any gems....just waay to clicky around here to let newbies in the circle
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009