23 weeks pregnant and sick...

So like it says im 23 weeks pregnant and sick, i'm having really bad hot and cold flashes to the point where i'm hot and cold my feet are sweating, when i cough my stomach tightens up ALOT and then i start cramping (or having a feeling like i'm cramping) idk if i should go to the hospital or not, I'm really dehydrated (i drank water and it goes right through me) and i have this really bad pinching feeling in my back, with alot of body aches; i've called my obgyn and she's out of the office for the rest of the day, i'm not sure what to do right now, please help.

dorkish_face

Asked by dorkish_face at 2:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I don't think it's pregnacy related. I think you just have a virus
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with the virus. Keep drinking as much water as you can. Water or gatorade. Drink broths or soups as well. You need to let it runs its course. Not much you can do for a virus but wait it out. I'm so sorry you feel like this.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ahhhh being sick sucks, take a tylenol and try to sleep, of course your uterus hurts when you cough!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Awe, I am sorry to hear that you are sick.. But if your OBG is out of the office shouldnt there be one on call to answer questions like this?? If you are really bad off dehydrated then you should get to the hospital so that they can get fluids to you and your baby. and I pray that you get to feeling better. God bless
    Cameolynn

Answer by Cameolynn at 3:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The water goes right through you how? Thru pee or diarhhea?
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 4:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I just read your pm. If you are peeing the water pretty quickly then why would you think that you are dehydrated? If you were dehydrated then your body would need to retain that water to hydrate your veins.  Its a very good sign that you are NOT dehydrated

Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009