Do you ever wish you could start all over

I have recently fallen into depression my dd is 5 months old so not sure if it's PPD. But I am so unhappy with everything not sure I want to be married anymore and to do anything takes extreme effort on my part.
~SIGH~ I hate feeling like this

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• You might have PPD I would suggest talking with your doctor.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 2:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Sounds like baby blues. This will pass. Keep pressing on like you do each day. It will get better but definitely speak to your doctor about this.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• aww I'm sorry you are down. It's so hard sometimes. I'm a stay at home mom and I feel guilty when I don't get something done but I never realized it was hard with an infant who wants attn 24/7. Some infants can play on their own but not my son.
    Little things make everything seem better...like looking at your child's smile and when they finally sleep it's wonderful. Maybe listening to some happy music.
    But I hear ya, somedays I don't wanna move from the bed or do anything but I know I gotta do it for my son.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You are probably sleep deprived, chemically unbalanced or both. It gets better mama, I know is hard, we all have done it and many more will do it. There is joy in motherhood, it may not seem like it right now but believe from your heart IT DOES GET BETTER, at some point I don;t know how it simply happens, suddenly you start enjoying motherhood, life and your baby.

Hang in there, check with a doctor but no doctor can do for you what you cannot do for yourself, so look at pictures of baby when he/she was younger then your heart will melt and you will feel like, it is all worth it. Hang in there, you can do it.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yeah. like i feel like crap right now because im 8 months pregnant and I just cant stop vommiting. I wish I could spend more time with my daughters. I wish I hadnt divorced my ex husband. I wish my fiance hadnt walked ou when he found out I was pregnant. I think it is just the baby blues
    momyof3girls

Answer by momyof3girls at 2:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• every day of my life!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 2:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Just like experts recommend not doing anything life changing after the death of a spouse, I think it's important not to do anything life changing when you feel this bad.

You are still coming off the pregnancy hormones and you are trying to make a BIG adjustment to your life now that you have a child (or another child).

See your doctor before saying or doing something irreversible.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 3:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I know the feeling.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Oh yes but not when it comes to my marriage or son, but when it comes to my fiances I wish I could go back and not make all the mistakes I'm now dealing with.
    usmc0351wife

Answer by usmc0351wife at 3:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think at one time or another we all want to go back in time for one thing or another. I would so that I just might have my sons here today instead of passed away. I would try so hard to do so many things different maybe they both would be here now but then again maybe not. I will never really know that answer but if I could had started over .............maybe.......................
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009