If your a single or divorced mom please answer.

I am pregnant with a girl whos dad walked out when he found out. And my 15 year old lexi and 10 year old kaylas dad and i dovorced 4 years ago. I just feel like hell. i just need to know i am not the only one who feels like hell! please add as a friend and tell me how you feel

momyof3girls

Asked by momyof3girls at 2:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• Why do you feel like Hell?
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 2:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• There is life beyond a failed marriage. Don't think that it is all you. There are men that are jerks and those that are there to get what they can, when they can and leave when they want. It is up to us as women to teach our children that we can be strong in the face of adversity. I was a single mom for 7 years. Hardest thing I ever did but I loved that alone time with my son. I remarried in Feb to a great man who was a single father. So my fears were his as well. You will overcome this and your daughters will see the strong mother they have in you because of it.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 2:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had to raise 3 small kids alone. It's never easy but it's a do-able thing. Just make sure the jerk dads pay child support. Keep the kids busy and they will be fine. You can do this. Just take it one day at a time. Apprciate the day for all the good things it brings and just let the negative things go.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am a recently "single" mom. I do have a boyfriend but I don't rely on him. My ex and I are almost finished with our divorce. Sometimes it sucks not having someone around to help me when I'm frustrated,., but for the most part I'm perfectly content with my new situation. If I can do it with 3 kids you can too! Apply for assistance if you need it. Make sure this new baby's dad pays for his responsibility. There will be dark days but soon there will be more days that are good than bad.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You'll get through it...It just takes a little bit of time before reality sets in and you realize that you will be o.k.....it hurts being alone and pregnant...it hurts having children and not being able to raise them with both sets of parents...but life sometimes throws curve ball unexpectedly....we feel the pain but we eventually learn to hit those ball, get up and dust ourselves off...time will heal your pain...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 3:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• get mad! being angry kept me going.
    hlmommy

Answer by hlmommy at 5:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No, being angry is not the answer. Life may seem unfair right now and I know you may hurt but being mad and angry is not going to hurt anyone but yourself and possibly your kids. Stay strong, and push forward. Make plans for a better future for you and your kids. The worst thing you can do is sulk and feel sorry for yourself. Life goes on either way.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009