Have you lost touch with any friends?

Now that my friends and i are getting older and living in different areas we don't see each other that much. I get kinda bummed b/c it's nice to talk to the girls sometimes. just to vent or just to have a friend.
Sometimes I email some of em and then they don't get back to me. I don't think its that hard to email somebody even at night after they come home. I understand I am home with my son and they have full time jobs and they don't have kids. So our lives are different now. Has this happened to anyone else since they had their baby?

mommylovesu28

Asked by mommylovesu28 at 2:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I've lost a ton of friends and it gets depressing. The three or so that I do keep in contact with I don't get to see....and they don't have kids so sometimes they can't understand what I'm going through. I get really afraid that I'm going to end up like my mom because she doesn't have any friends.....and it gets lonely. I feel ya, momma, that's why I joined this site!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Not to me. I actually have more friends now because other than the friends I had pre-son, I now have ones that I have come in contact with through activities for my son.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 2:56 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• For the most part all my g-friends I grew up with we still keep in touch and see each other a few times a year. There is a group of us who keep in touch with FB. We've all grown up, married and either have 1 or more kids. We all live here in the same state but some of us live in further out counties but because our parents still live in the same area those who moved a little futher away still come to visit their parents often so that's when we either get together or run into each other. Oh, and it helps that we all are of the same faith so we see each other at our religious assembles and conventions.

My BFF I see on a weekly basis and talk to her almost on a daily basis. As a matter of fact she's going with us tonight to the Cape for the weekend.

There are one or two I don't see or speak to for whatever reason - not that I didn't try but because like the seasons we all change and grow apart. I wish them well.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• oh yeah. who doesn't lose friends over the years?? I've lost tons of friends, but it really makes me appreciate the ones I still have.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yeah this happened to me...the funny thing is she already had 3 kids! We used to see each other 2-3 times a week. I have seen her once this year! What is even worse is that we only lived 20 minutes away, now I live right around the corner from her! She has become too busy...I guess! It is very sad!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009