What Ideas do you have to make your Back-to-school prep this year more easier?

Are there any stores or websites where you plan to find deals? Have you thought of what your budget would be?

pebbleschild

Asked by pebbleschild at 2:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• When my DD's were in school. I started buying school supplies right after they ended school.

Answer by louise2 at 2:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well, I'm buying school supplies a little at a time, a few things here and there rather than one big expense. My dad and step mom have said that they want to buy the boys some new school clothes and shoes, so in the next few weeks my step mom will come in and we'll shop. The last couple years my school age boys have gone to my aunts for a week and she's bought their supplies and school clothes. I've been really lucky to have them do that for us and I really appreciate it.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 2:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My daughters school have these premade packages with supplies that are good for the whole year, except for a glue stick here and there. They are about $50. Last year I tried to get my own supplies, because I thought it would be cheaper. Turns out, I spent a bunch of time going to three different stores and still ended up spending the same amount. This year I ordered the package and I am so relieved I don't have to look for all the items on the list.
    As for other preparations, I plan to go get a few things of clothes a week before she starts school, but I will get more things during the year, since it doesn't really get cooler here in Texas until Oct. Academically I bought crosswords, Brainquest (which are basically flashcards with spelling, math and so on) and we have a math book we found on sale with 2nd. grade math,(the grade she is entering)
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LAEMom..you know I did the premade package this year as well from my daughters school. But you know I went to walmart and priced her entire school supplies list and came out cheaper than the box. So I guess it just depends. I said that I wasn't going to do the premade pack next year. You know I'm in Texas too and our tax free weekend is the 21-23. I'm going to start buying uniforms on monday. I'm doing 3 pair of jeans to start and a few shirts, 2 pair of uniform pants and some shorts. We'll see how much I come out with this year.
    pebbleschild

Answer by pebbleschild at 11:45 AM on Aug. 7, 2009