Money.. Money.. Money..

We need money, my husband and I fuss everyday about our financial problems.. we recently moved for his job and back home i was working for my mother and was able to bring my son to work with me since day one.. since the move i have been satying home with our son, i miss working and God knows we need the money, but i am not wanting my 2 year old to go to daycare full time.. the type of job i do, i wouldn't make any money part time, it would probably only pay for the daycare, so it would have to be full time.. my son has never been away from me, it would probably honestly do us both some good, but i can't bring myself to doing it.. I'm scared for him.. and I can stay home i don't have to work, but it would be sooo much easier on my husband.. what do i do? do i stay at home and raise my child, that is the reason i had him, or do i go back to work and let someone else raise my child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you can pay bills and keep food on the table and have a bit left over for those extra things that pop up and your husband is fine with you staying home, stay home and raise your son. You can always go back once he starts school.

Money is not everything. As long as you're literally not struggling....staying home isn't so bad. But your husband needs to be in agreement or it'll just cause more problems.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If you feel it would be easier on your husband and maybe ease some of the financial strife i would do it. And I'm not trying to be rude, I understand where you are coming from wanting to be with your child, but it would probably do him some good to be around some other kids his age too. It's really up to you, I'm sorry that you feel so torn and that you are in a situation where you have to choose between your ideals and what you feel might have to be done. That feeling always sucks.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 2:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Can you do any work for your mom's company remotely?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I totally hear you on this one. We are in a financial crisis too. we make it by like a dollar in the bank acct. Once his paycheck comes in it is already gone. Too many bills and I know its partially our fault for the way we lived before my son...then we had two incomes and no child. Now it's one income and a child. I said I would work on weekends but hubby needs to study on weekends for night college. I'm praying in a year or so it will be easier b/c my parents can watch my son and I can work part time. I don't wanna put my son in daycare either. Have you heard the scary stories on the news about them? ugh...its such a hard choice. message me if you ever wanna chat.
    We have been cutting back on the way we shop and we only buy what we need. We do not go out or buy any fun things. credit cards are evil...I can't wait to get rid of mine or never use them again. for now we have no choice b/c we have no cash. good luck
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We had this same situation...there was no way I was putting my son in daycare after he was born. I ended up getting a job at Starbucks where I only work from 5:30PM-close and then whenever on the weekends. That way, the only person I have to leave my son with is my husband. I am still working part time but we are not paying for daycare so even though I make alot less than I did before our son, what I save in daycare evens it out.
    I just tell myself that some day all of our debt will be paid off and DS will be in school. :)
    Good Luck.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 3:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• m-avi

I  have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  They contain excellent ideas, resources and information.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom: 

Work at Home Series

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009