Pros and cons of LPN vs CNA

I am thinking heavily about going back to school... If anyone is a CNA could you tell me your job requirements and do you like what you do. Same as LPN. Thanks!
Also what are some sites that I can apply for financial aid?

nakoal87

Asked by nakoal87 at 2:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Lpn's get payed more. CNA work is back breaking.

Answer by louise2 at 2:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LPNs get paid more and there's more school involved, higher amount of respect in the job field too. An LPN is basically a year away from a RN in most respects. A CNA is a nursing assistant, meaning they do more fo the clean up, vitals, etc.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 3:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would personally go with the LPN. Depending on where you work, it will be a lot less hard on your back. More pay for certain. Much closer to RN if you are looking for continuing education afterward. Definitely more respect as an LPN.
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 3:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• With most progams you can use all or most of your LPN courses if you decide to go on to be a RN. LPNs get paid more than CNAs. LPN takes a year full time if you have taken all the prerequisite courses - biology, chemistry, some other things. LPNs clean up stuff including dead bodies. They can have to do whatever the RN doesn't want to do. My son is a RN.

I know less about CNA. In the places I have lived there have not been that many jobs for CNAs.

Medical Assistant is a much easier progam than LPN and there are lots of jobs. The program is a year and much easier. MAs are the ones who take your BP and weigh you at the doctors office. That is a clinical MA. There are also office MAs who do billing ect. MAs make $13-15 an hour.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 3:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009