How do you market your business?

I was just wondering if some of you who are selling anything, how do you tell people? What work best for you.

kal30314

Asked by kal30314 at 2:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• One company of mine is jewelry, Michele Baratta I wear it all the time and get tons of compliments and where did you get that, I tell them I sell it and it they are interested I give them my business card that has my website on it or a catalog that I carry in my purse. I have gotten a lot of business for At Home America right here on this site just by posting things in my journals! I run ads in newspapers, do craft shows it has been very easy!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I attend networking events; I use Linkedin; I do volunteer work; etc.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Our company offers free leads. These are people that have expressed an interest in the company. I do also advertise on message boards.
    craftykidsclub

Answer by craftykidsclub at 5:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Hey! I find that the best way is use to everyway of marketing you can even think of! Internet marketing thru blogging and message boards. Joining meet up groups or diffrent social groups. Leaving samples if there is a product that allows you to do that. I mean literally leave them anywhere you know alot of people go like public bathrooms, spa, public laundry rooms, and doctor's offices. If it is a product that you wear than wear it EVERYWHERE! If you even think of an idea TRY IT because you never know it could be the best idea ever.
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 10:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think with all the social networks out there right now is the best time to market with those sites because so many people frequent them. Facebook, twitter, Cafemom, twittermoms, myspace, Linkedin, there are so many. Once you build a good list up of people networking can be your best way to market. And it's free. There are also a lot of mom sites that will let you advertise for free on their sites. I have one called www.livingmyMoMent.com I really like her site and you can advertise for free right now. She has tons of great businesses advertising on there now.
    jojo13

Answer by jojo13 at 5:05 PM on Aug. 8, 2009