Ahh My M.I.L is driving me crazy. Is this right? 2?

Well now my baby is 7 months old and i feed him 3 times a day, at 10 AM half a jar of Cereal( oatmeal, rice, with apples or apples and bananas, mixed in) then at 2 PM he eats half a jar of fruit( apple, pear,banana...) and then at 6 PM i give him either veggies or dinner jar he eats half.And in between the feedings he breastfeeds. But the Problem is that i just found out that she has been sneaking my baby and giving him FORMULA and she has also been putting holes in the nipples so that more can come out. yeah and i am soo angry, because she knows im breastfeeding and she does that. and she also SAYS that after a baby eats he needs to eat DESSERT i have never heard of that in my life is it true??? so i found some banana baby food jars that she was hidding. I guess she was planning on giving it to him after i fed him. I dont know how to handle this.
to be continued...

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 2:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You might need to set boundaries with her immediately! This is after all YOUR baby, not hers not matter what she thinks. I would have had a hard time not wringing her neck! It is one thing to ensure that the baby is being fed it is another to have no apparent respect for your mothering skills, instincts and preferences!! (I am hot about this cause My MIL tried the same crap!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would just say formula wast always available you know?

or just tell her its your baby not hers and you chose what you want to do.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Total disregard and lack of respect from your MIL. I would simply inform her that she is no longer trusted around your baby because she has decided to cross boundaries, that is her grandchild but first is your baby. I would never ever trust that woman near my child period.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Tell her things have changed since she had her kids and that you are doing what's right for your kids. Either back off or don't see the child anymore. IT's harsh, but you have no idea how much your child is actually eating now or what so if he gets sick, how do you know what cuased it? If he's eating too much and not growing accrodingly, how will your doctor know? ANd if she's doing it with this, when will she stop? Set the limits now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would throw out the formula and all the stuff she bought for him. I also wouldnt leave him alone with her. How is it that she is doing this without you finding out? Well my MIL has already been pushed to the back burner and My baby wont be here til december. She is already acting like a nutcase. You should do the same. Tell your husband to stop her. Hell You tell her if she does it again she cant see him alone anymore. Sorry but this pisses me off cause my MIL is already acting up with me and i will NOT stand for it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd be COMPLETELY furious. You're already feeding your child more solids than a child his age needs (About one third of what you're giving him would be plenty), so what she's doing on top of that is just crazy and might end up sabotaging your breastmilk supply.

And the formula? For a breastfed baby? ACK!

Feeding someone's child behind their back is NEVER okay. You need to know what your child is eating so that you can work out any food sensitivities, allergies, proper amounts of food, etc.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 3:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I'd move out.

Answer by gdiamante at 7:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009