How hypocritical

When someone says, I would never get my son circumcized b/c that's mutilation and inhumane, etc. But, I'll get my daughter's ears pierced as a baby. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Circumcision isn't mutilation. If it is mutilation, then so is cutting the umbilical cord (which it's NOT). But piercing a newborn is something totally different. I don't care if other people do it. It's not my place to say anything about it. But with my daughter, we're waiting until she's about 4 or 5 and can take care of a pierce, clean it, etc. and especially know better than to pull on it. But there's nothing wrong with piercing a newborn if that's your stance. But who's to say that she WANTS her ears pierced? Some girls don't.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 3:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think that they are entitled to their opinions and to do what they please with their kids. I don't think that either is mutilation it is just what those parents believe to be best for their children, that's all.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The ear hole can grow over and be virtually un changed. The penis will always be altered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We didn't do either because in our household they are one in the same.
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think I don't agree with either, but that's partially because one reason I am against both is because it's their body and should be their choice.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't really care what other people do, but I personally wouldn't do either one of those things.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Circumcision isn't mutilation. If it is mutilation, then so is cutting the umbilical cord (which it's NOT).

how in the hell do those even compair?
    Cutting the UC is medically necessary circumcision is not. Huge difference
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My girls just elected to have their ears pierced...we waited until they asked for it because it's not our bodies. But I'm against circumcision and ex hubby and current BF are both for it. Maybe that's why I was not given a boy. LOL I think they are two extremely different things but share a common ground.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009