Get pregnant or not get pregnant.. That is the question.. lol

We have a two year old little boy who we have completly spoiled to no return, he is very demanding of our time and attention.. we are on the fence about getting pregnant again, financially we should not... but i don't want to wait.. if i'm going to have another child i want them to be close in age.. i have not been on birth control in over a year and we use condoms when my husband is worried about money.. lol.. but it's such a hard decision, do i want to continue to spoil my 1 child or do i try to spoil 2? I don't want my son to be alone when my husband and i are gone, he wont have any cousins or anything but do i want to go through all the hard times again? If anyone has any advise on having an only child or having more than one please help me decide.. i'm very bad with making decisions for myself.. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• Money will never be "just right" things will always come up. There will always be other things to spend the money on. It's your choice. As long as you have enough money to provide the basic needs to your children and it's a decision you and your husband make then more power to you. Enjoy them. I agree that having children to far apart keeps them from the special sibling bonding that they deserve to have. But if you deicide to wait then that is also ok. It's up to you and your husband to make. We aren't rich by any stretch of the imagination but if we got pregnant right now people would call us crazy but we'd be able to provide their needs. Love and a stable/close family is much more important than toys and things money can buy. GL with whatever you decide.
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 3:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no way don't get pregnant it is way easier with one. If I had to pick my life I would only have one child. You you should wait until money is right.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If we all waite till we can afford children half of us would not be here. I would have the baby now that way your son has someone to play with and like you said when he grows up he will have someone he can be really close to, I don't know what I would do without my siblings. And as for it being easier with one child whats the difference if you can raise one the you definitely can raise two and it's not as hard as it was the first time around cuz you already know what to expect. Good luck on your decision making and God Bless

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You say your finances are not where they should be, then you will not be able to spoil your babies! Which might make you feel crappy on days when you have 2 kids and want to get out and go shopping with them but cannot due to money! 2 kids cost twice as much as one! I understand wanting another one! But you need to do what is best for your family now....less stress to your husband, more quality time with the child you have, and you will not add extra money strains on your family! This is just my advice the choice however is yours! Good Luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 3:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if you have to ask then probably no but its your choice u dont think your reasons are very good but hey its your choice not mine but remeber its a life long choice
    JrsMommy07

Answer by JrsMommy07 at 3:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If you want them to be close in age, now is the time to try for one. IMO. I have 2 now, we are currently TTC. We are not rich but we want our kids to be close together more than anything. I have a 3.5 year old and 2 year old. We figure we will just jump in there because if we wait for financial reasons we will never have another one. And if we wait too long i fear that once we have the 3rd we might consider having another so that they will be close in age. SO that is why were are doing it right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would say that if you are getting your bills paid on time and the house hold income is relatively secure then you are in a better place then most right now. Things can always happen and you can't make your decisions based on the maybe's of life. If you really want another child then something will happen and it will hit you like a ton of bricks. You will all of the sudden want to be Pregnant right now. lol. I knew I wanted a second when i thought I was accidentally PG. I was like a week late and took a test. It was neg. and I was devastated. I called DH at work crying 'I'm not pregnant!' lol. He had no idea I thought I was so he was like 'okay, that's good. Right?' We started trying that month. It took us seven months to conceive.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• BTW I adamantly wanted only one child before that. He was a little over 2 when we started trying. The progression from one to two was tough but after a few months it go easier and now I am happy they have each other.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I should have said, that by spoiling my son, i meant with all my time and attention, i play with him constantly, i'm afraid i wont have enough time to go around.. i already have no time for myself.. i dont even take a bath or pee without him right there saying "momma play? momma play?" lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Weve been having the same discussion at our house. Our little guy is 13 months and has been at my side constantly since he was born. Im a SAHM so he gets ALL my attention ALL day! I originally wanted just one and through my hwole pregnancy made that choice well known. He was less than a month old when I decided I eventually want another one. Hubby wants them close in age so he would start trying now for another if I would let him. We have decided to wait until DS is 2 yrs old. What made my mind up for sure was seeing how DS eyes light up when he sees another smll child he can play with. Made me realize he needs that companionship.
    JSWeible

Answer by JSWeible at 4:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009