How do you keep your patience?

By the end of the day, patience is gone. I have 2 boys, ages 3 and 5 and one on the way. I have no patience left after a long day with them and certainly none for my husband. How do you keep your cool? Any advice?

kellymcdona

Asked by kellymcdona at 3:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Walk away
    Close your eyes
    Find solitude
    Go outside
    Find water (ex: drink, splash your face, take a bath, lakes)
    Breathe deeply
    Listen to music
    DJsMommy926

Answer by DJsMommy926 at 3:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have a 1 and a 2 year old and one on the way. I also have no patience at the end of the day but I also know that it is mainly because I am pregnant. I am way more impatient and bothered by things. I usually end up taking the boys outside to just run in the yard or take them for a walk. Going outside really seems to help me. Some days I do break down and they have a tv day. It is on all day but they don't watch it all day but for some reason just having it on cuts down on the fighting between the two of them. It seems that one will go play while the other watches and then they switch. Gives me a calmer day now and then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:10 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have a 4 yr. old, one who will be 3 in Sept. who was born with Down Syndrome, and a 15mo. old. It gets challenging at times, but i aslo choose to have my babies!!! I knew what i was in for. It is not easy to raise kids and believe me i get frustrated at times, but i try not to take it out in front of my kids. I think its imp. to keep you cool in front of them. I wait to let loose. I seem to take my frustrations out on my DH. which is not right either, but nobody is perfect. The boys and i read books, play games, run in our yard ect. We also have a membership to our Zoo and Science Center where we go quite often. It is hard though because i am usually by myself with no help. My DH works 2 jobs so i can stay at home with the boys. Believe me i look foreward when we visit my parents in MICH so i get somewhat of a break. Just take deep breaths, long baths and talk it out with someone---VENT your frustrations
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009