How do I get tested for Asthma?

Do I just go to my regular dr?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• yes go to your regular doctor
    and theres no formal test you kind of just tell them whats going on and they have you do a couple things and BAM thats really it.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• There are breathing tests that can be done to measure your lung volume. Asthma can be hard to diagnose. Not all asthma is the same. Most people wease. Some people cough. This can be much harder to diagnose and there can be many trips to the er and many doctors listening to lungs before it's diagnosed.

My first son's first attack was very bad, intensive care in a major children's hospital. My second son they had trouble diagnosing. Then I was diagnosed. Even I didn't think it was asthma but after about the 5th trip to the hospital while pregnant and not being able to breath I was diagnosed. My third son they diagnosed right away because of family history of weird coughing asthma.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 3:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009