is this site only for people with kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jun. 23, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have actually ran into several people who were TTC or on adoption lists. Cafe Mom has much to offer women with or without children, Although much of the chit chats and groups are centered around our kids. The site is called "Cafe Mom" so I think there target audience is women who are mothers.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 12:49 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• No! This is for moms, grandmothers, women trying to get pregnant, women who are adopting, and other caregivers of children! MOST of the women on here are moms, but I have a few friends who aren't yet.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 12:58 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• My sister is on cafemom, and she doesn't have children. She's not married yet, and isn't trying to get pg yet. She's a CafeAunt! She's "mom" to my kids about once a year, when she comes to visit.

She gets involved with clean-up groups, pet groups, and other things that interest her.

Of course, it's geared toward moms, but you can find anything here!
    wearingyourbaby

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 1:11 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• MOms and moms to be.
    We had a woman ( at least I think she was) come into our group for the town I live in. She said she did not have kids but she was a babysitter and loved kids. She said she joined because she loves kids and wanted to help out any moms in town.
    She freaked us all out, her profile was bare, I mean nothing and she was only in our group, no others. We post where we are all meeting up when we have get togethers and stuff so none of us felt right about this "woman" knowing where we where going to be and when. And just the fact that it was creepy so we kicked her out of the group ( the group owner sent messages to everyone in the group asking what we all thought she should do about her)
    So I hope she is gone now and not listed under another name.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 1:55 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I personally think this site should be for pregnant women, women currently trying to get pregnant, or women who are in the process of adopting only. I would feel weird if people started to join because they wanted kids someday or something like that.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 1:56 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Personally, I think it should be for parents (and impending parents) only. One of the things that I like about this site is that we all have that in common. I am here (as I think most of us are) to "social network" with other Moms. Otherwise it is just another MySpace, and if I wanted that I would have just stayed there. (There are enough of those kinds of sites already, the focus here should remain on Moms.)
    DivaMomCC

Answer by DivaMomCC at 9:13 AM on Jun. 23, 2008

• well... cafeMOM

but i guess it doesn't really matter.. Just if a person doesn't have children, shouldnt be telling a mom how she thinks a child should be raiseD?
    newmommyy322

Answer by newmommyy322 at 12:58 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• I assume most women on here are Moms or Moms to be, but depending on the group it wouldn't bother me to have women who just want to be involved with other women and womens issues.
    Krowla

Answer by Krowla at 7:31 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Totally agree with divamomcc. I feel connected to other moms on here. I feel free to talk about things ( yes some gross) that I would know other moms have been through and would never talk about to someone who was not a mother or mother to be(obviously someone about to adopt or in the process is a mother to be too as are women who are trying to get pregnant at this moment).
    We all know right away as soon as we log on that we all have this in common, it is a great feeling and makes this an amazing online community.
    libbykate

Answer by libbykate at 10:01 PM on Jun. 23, 2008