• In the Spotlight:

Would you join the military if you were 30 years old or older?

My secret dream since I was 17 has been to join the military. I never joined because of my weight. Now I'm almost 30 and have been obese for too long. I finally got tired of being fat. I am currently changing my eating habits, exercising, and losing weight. Just being healthier is my ultimate goal, but being physically able to join the military would be nice. I want to teach my children to follow their dreams. Would you do it?

*Please can we have bash free, respectful post?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If this is what you want to do then only you can give the answer to it. It doesn't matter what others think just you as it is your life. Do what ever makes you happy! I wish you the best!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I say follow your dreams
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Personally...Heck no! But that's cause I'm not cut out for military outfits! LOL
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 3:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• munch and anon thanks for answering my question
    munch your answer made me laugh
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

thank you very much for the support.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Honey,its never too late to follow your dreams. My best friend husband rejoined the Army at 40,but,he did it for the wrong reason, they had 6 kids and couldn't make it,so he rejoined the Army,so the military could pay for their housing,utilities,but,in 2004,the military changed their allotment,so,now they have to pay bills ,just like me.I think they get 1700 a month for housing.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My best friend husband rejoined the Army at 40,but,he did it for the wrong reason, they had 6 kids and couldn't make it,so he rejoined the Army,so the military could pay for their housing,utilities,but,in 2004,the military changed their allotment,so,now they have to pay bills ,just like me.I think they get 1700 a month for housing.
    ___
    This doesn't make sense to me. BAH (housing allowance) changes every year for each specific area in the country and for each specific rank. Usually it goes up, sometimes it goes down. It depends on the cost of living for that area.

As for paying bills while living on the military base, that's not true either. You get an allowance of energy each month, and if you go over, you have to pay. If you stay under, you pay nothing. They did this so people would quit wasting energy. Some people would be running the A/C and leave the doors and windows open.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If I really wanted to, I would absolutely do it.

My husband is an Army Recruiter and is putting a guy in the Army right now who is 38. It's always been something he wants to do...

30 isn't THAT old...
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my husband joined the army when he was 29, in fact he joined on his birthday!! and if he had not decided to join we would not be together to day and have four wonderful kids!!
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 4:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Check with your local recruiting office, My friend in the air force says their age cap is 28. If you're allowed, follow your dreams.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 8:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009