what are the steps to potty training?

my little boy who is now two is ready to be potty trained. He can talk very well and he know when have messed up his diaper because he tells me.

shaday

Asked by shaday at 3:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I use to set a timer so when it went off the child thought of it as a game then went to the bath room to at least try to go. There are many ways to do this but it depends on the child. I liked the timer the best!
    pun82224

Answer by pun82224 at 3:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It depends on the child. My son was ready. He was just about 2 1/2. I took a week off work and stuck him underwear. I set a timer and had him try every 45 min. It took about 2 days and he had it down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My mom and me have a method for potty training in ONE day! You get a toddler potty and a pee baby doll. You turn off all your phones and any other destractions lockign yourself in the kitchen. Than the WHOLE day you feed them light snacks and juice. Take the baby doll and show them the baby doll is using the potty making it a game and than continually put them on the potty saying your turn to go potty. You do this back and forth all day ONLY talking about "potty". Eventually they will get it all completely down and u can stop. Soemtimes it takes a few hours sometimes it takes all day. Once you think they got it down they are not allowed another diaper again and if they make an accident we make them clean it up making them not wanting to EVER do that again. Im doing this with my 2yr old very soon :) WOOHOO for no more diapers!
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 4:22 PM on Aug. 9, 2009