I am just starting my daughters first feedings with gerber baby food. I would like to take it slow to make sure she takes to it well. But I dont want to waste the food. so is it safe to freeze the left over gerber baby food?

FIRSTtimeMOM221

Asked by FIRSTtimeMOM221 at 3:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• put the food in a bowl, a little at a time. save the rest for up to 3 days in the fridge. if you use the microwave to re heat the leftovers do do only for 5 seconds at a time stir and taste before giving it to baby.
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 4:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Have you tasted that jarred stuff? It is not just expensive, it tastes awful and you don't really know what is in it. You can easily make your own baby food. Babies love avocado, baked sweet potato, cooked beans, pureed peas, etc.

The best book on feeding babies, toddlers and their families is called Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron. You should be able to find it at your local library. There is some great information on the website: www.superbabyfood.com

Answer by rkoloms at 5:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009