is there anyway i can take out my IUD??? doctor visits are very expencive.

having problems with my copper iud. i know that you have to go to a doctor to have it removed ,but is there been anyone that actually tooked it of without harming yourself.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• I've read of people just pulling it without problems...but personally I'd be way to scared(or smart) to do that. There are very big risks involved in removing it by yourself. Save up for a doctor's appt. If you can't afford to go to the doctor to have it removed you probably shouldn't risk getting pregnant and not being able to afford a child.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 4:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• hmm...I don't think that I would try that. Honestly, I think that would hurt like hell!!!
    SecretSuzy

Answer by SecretSuzy at 4:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I think its a bad idea to risk trying to remove it yourself. You may not be able to get pregnant if you mess up.. Wait, save, and go to the dr
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 4:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• No No No. Go to Planned Parenthood or another clinic that charges on a sliding fee schedule. You wouldn't want to do something to yourself that would cause an ER visit, hospitalization, surgery, or mean you couldn't have babies anymore.

Another option is a midwife.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:40 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Pulling out a Mirena...maybe since it is flexible. Pulling out your copper IUD has the word TEAR all over it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• planned parenthood!!! seriously
    ARRI23

Answer by ARRI23 at 8:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had a copper IUD and i was having pelvic pain on my ovaries. i went to my OB/GYN to have it removed. Never heard of anyone doing it themselves. I cost me around $300 i think, but i applied for assistance through the hospital. It was worth the paymenty arrangements because i was in so much pain.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 10:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• DO NOT TAKE THAT AT YOU YOURSELF! You can damage your cervix causing tons and tons of health issues!
    EliseMichelle

Answer by EliseMichelle at 11:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Noooooo!!! You could puncture your uterus, or do damage to your cervix!

What state do you live in? I don't know about other states, but in CA we have a program called Family Pact. They pay for well woman exams, breast exams, BC, and anything gynecology related. They will pay to have your IUD removed if you fall under certain income guidelines. If you're not in CA, check to see if they have a program similar. Planned Parenthood might have something like that. Just don't pull it out yourself. Owie!
    milfalicious08

Answer by milfalicious08 at 1:40 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Go to a clinic with a sliding scale, either http://www.plannedparenthood.org/ or you can Google "Community Health Centers" to find the master Web site of government-run health clinics that will see anyone, regardless of their ability to pay. You can drill down to find the location of a clinic near you

Answer by rkoloms at 9:49 AM on Aug. 7, 2009