Future America on the horizon...this is very disturbing! Compassionate State Health Care. A preview of ObamaCare! Video provided on this site~

The powerful story of Barbara Wagner demonstrates why this discussion is of utmost importance. When Barbara’s lung cancer reappeared during the spring of 2008 her oncologist recommended aggressive treatment with Tarceva, a new chemotherapy. However, Oregon’s state run health plan denied the potentially life altering drug because they did not feel it was "cost-effective." Instead, the State plan offered to pay for either hospice care or physician-assisted suicide.

more here http://www.physiciansforreform.org/index.php?id=30

Just what we all need right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yep, that is just about right. I think it is called depopulation plan.
    JonesboroGypsy

Answer by JonesboroGypsy at 4:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Waiting for the ads to start pouring in...

::::::Human Euthanasia two for one deals!!! We will kill both your parents for the price of one!:::::::

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Thank you.
    It defies reason that people continue to defend and even advocate for a socialized health care system despite the evidence from ALL the socialized systems in the world.

I have heard the argument that plenty of folks like the Canadian or European system just fine. And it's great that not EVERY patient has a horror story. But what kind of mentality justifies imposing a system which includes GOV'T denials ? Are they oblivious that it's one thing for a company to deny you - you can sue them, they must be accountable to the law - but entirely different for the gov't to deny you - because the gov't is accountable to no one, it MAKES the law.

A CONSTITUTIONAL gov't would not make laws like this health care plan, but that is not stopping the Obama team nor the progressives in control of Congress.

So yes, be afraid ... be very afraid.

And STOP THEM !!
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 4:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• "I have heard the argument that plenty of folks like the Canadian or European system just fine. And it's great that not EVERY patient has a horror story. But what kind of mentality justifies imposing a system which includes GOV'T denials ?"

In Canada the gov't has no say in an individuals health care. My healthcare is between me and my Dr. If we decide on a course of treatment I will get that treatment, the gov't does not get a vote. Maybe what is being proposed for the US will give the gov't control over that, but here that's not how it is.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 4:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• In Canada the gov't has no say in an individuals health care. My healthcare is between me and my Dr. If we decide on a course of treatment I will get that treatment, the gov't does not get a vote. Maybe what is being proposed for the US will give the gov't control over that, but here that's not how it is.

And your personal experience, how sick have you actually been? because my niece has patients from Canada who have been denied.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I guess tonight I really need to buckle down and hit a big chunk of this bill... So far I am still lost on how I will be effected as a midwife. It just seems like its all up in the air..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• where are all the libs now when we can prove what government run health care is going to do to this nation.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 5:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The thing is it doesn't matter what is or isn't in the bill right now....The cretins up in Washington will throw in500 pgs of crap 4 hrs before they sign it and it could say ANYTHING. The bottom line is MOST of Americans do not trust this gov't to run something as vital as HC without ruining it or running it straight in the ground. Obama was supposed to be about CHANGE. If his happy butt REALLY was about change he would stand by promises of letting the American people view the bills for 3 days online and he wouldn't allow this last minute, no bill reading, crap. This IS on his door. He is the man in charge and should say he won't sign diddly till WE can read it and HE and THEY have read it!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 5:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Incredibly scarey.
    sunnymom3

Answer by sunnymom3 at 6:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009