What are cute ideas for matching costumes?

I have 2 boys ages 4 and 8 mo ( will be in october) I want their Halloween costumes to go together but not be the same. ex. batman &robin. Does anyone else have any cute ideas? I would love to hear them!

motherdearest

Asked by motherdearest at 4:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Holidays

• I just made my "list' of ideas the other day for Family Costume Ideas (DH has learned to accept that I am cheesy and will coordinate all of us for Halloweed)
    The Wizard of Oz- Tin Man, Lion, Scarecrow
    Aladdin- Aladdin and Genie or Abu
    Toy Story- Woody and Buzz
    You could even do Pea and Carrot ("They go together like Peas and Carrots")
    Or things like a Cookie and a glass of Milk
    Pooh and Tigger
    I could go on....
    landensmommy411

Answer by landensmommy411 at 4:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I was going to suggest Peter Pan and Tink....but you have boys! A few years ago I saw a lady with three boys and they were Alvin and the Chipmunks. She bought over sized shirts and sewed a Big "A" for the Alvin one!

You could do the man in the yellow hat and Curious George, Elmo and Cookie Monster, Knight and Dragon, 2 pumpkins.

Have fun and good luck!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Last year for halloween my boys were 15 months and 3 months. The oldest was a monkey and the baby was a banana. I got both costumes at Old Navy. It was really cute and I got a lot of compliments.
    frapanda

Answer by frapanda at 4:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• All of those are sooo cute!
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 9:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• did you ask your four year old what he wants to be? maybe he's got some good ideas.
    laadeedah

Answer by laadeedah at 2:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• He wants to be spiderman
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 3:45 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• Since your 4 yr old wants to be spiderman you could do spider man and one of the villians. I would think that Sandman wouldn't be to hard because it's just khaki pants and a drk green and light green striped shirt. Or one could be red spiderman and the other black spiderman.

I have 3 boys and all of them went as spiderman one year. LOL they all love spiderman.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• One year my son and his cousin went as Barney and Fred from the Flintstones. They were both 2 years old and soooo cute!
    Maryellen

Answer by Maryellen at 6:26 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• So far I ( and my 4 yr old) likes spiderman and the itsy bitsy spider and mario and luigi....
    motherdearest

Answer by motherdearest at 10:02 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My oldest sons went as a wall socket and a electric plug...they won a 3 foot tall trophy!
    JynxBJJ

Answer by JynxBJJ at 11:09 PM on Aug. 7, 2009