How late does your teen stay up during the Summer?

What time do they have to get up the next day? Are there any set times?
My teens seem to sleep until noon or later.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• well since i am pregnant I am in bed about 12 asleep about one but as long as shes in her room by 11 and is asleep by 2 im happy.
    momyof3girls

Answer by momyof3girls at 4:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My 16 yo dd is in bed by midnight most nights. Some times later if she is watching something. But not like till 3 or 4. She is up by about 10 or 11. Depended on if she has work or other plans.
    wallmom1

Answer by wallmom1 at 5:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• When I was a teenager and on summer holidays there was no set bed times and wake up times for me unless we had something to do on a particular day.

I'd stay up late some nights and sleep all day the next day. Other days I'd go to bed at a reasonable time and wake up at a reasonable time.

As long as my chores were done and I wasn't keeping anyone else up or inconveniencing anyone then my parents were ok with it.

Also as long as I was back to a normal sleeping regime by the time school started in the fall.

Pretty soon they're going to be thrust into the real world where there are no summer vacations that you can sleep whenever you want. I say let them enjoy it now while they have the chance.
    : )
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 7:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If he has to be up in the morning he's in bed by 11 or 12 which is most days, when he has nothing to get up for he is up until 1 or 2 and sleeps until about noon.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My 14 year old must be home by 10 unless I give her special permission. She's usually in bed by 11:30 or 12, give or take a few minutes. She's usually up at about or before 10, which is usually fine by me.
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 11:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My son is 14, and he sopose to be in the bed by 11 during the summer, but I'm regretting this new rule because he's abusing it. When school start he will go to bed when all of us go, he get no special treatment. Teenagers are a pain sometimes, they try to do what they want.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 12:00 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• my teen has a 12p deadline if she is out w/friends, if she is home then no,i let her sleep til she gets up. during school year, she has to be up at 5a bed by 9 or 10
    lmn2424

Answer by lmn2424 at 11:29 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I don/t let my teens sleep past 10 am . on week-ends .or any school breaks. or during the summer. I think 10 am. is long enlough. it's all morning. if they need more sleep then have them go to bed earlier. that's all
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 2:54 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• My son can stay up as long as he likes during breaks and weekends, but he has to be up by 9AM the next morning so he doesn't get himself stuck on a backwards schedule where he sleeps all day, and stays up all night.
    Mom2theboy1994

Answer by Mom2theboy1994 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 11, 2009