do you bathe your 6 month old everyday??/

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no, please don't! Two or 3 times a week are enough!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 4:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Babies don't have to have baths at all! If they enjoy the water then it's ok to put them in the water but don't use things like Johnson's & Johnsons on them. Look at all the chemicals!
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no way! i dont even bathe my 9 month old everyday or every other day.
    i would say once or maybe twice a week until they're older and play outside. or after a really messy dinner. =)
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 4:43 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• WHAT! MY DD IS 9 MONTHS OLD AND I GIVE HER A BATH EVERY NIGHT!! AND I USE THE JOHNSON & JOHNSON LAVENDER NIGHT TIME WASH, SHE GETS SO DIRTY DURING THE DAY CRAWLING AROUND AND IT ALSO RELAXES HER FOR BED TIME...

I STARTED GIVING HER A BATH EVERYNIGHT WHEN SHE TURNED 6 MONTHS.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• My son is a year now... but yes we have always given him a bath every night since he was born (sponge baths to start of coarse) as part of his bed time routine. Its his favorite time of day... he LOVES bath time.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 6:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• yep! my son LOVES his baths! and he's gotten one EVERY day since his first bath as part of his bedtime routine (sometimes he does skip his bath if he's super tired or we've been out that day and don't get home in time for his bath). if you're worried about dry skin or anything, I put a squirt of baby oil in my son's baths to help. :)

and don't listen to everybody else and how THEY bathe THEIR children. you can bathe your child every day if you want to, hell twice a day if you want to, or every other day, or however YOU choose since it's YOUR child!

happy bathing to you and your baby! =)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• He usually gets a bath, just for water play because he loves it, but we don't use soap every day due to it drying out his skin. But I don't stress about it if he skips a day in between.

Answer by missanc at 8:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• theres no way i couldn't bathe my 8 month old everyday, that would be crazy. he gets dirty knees from crawling, and always has food on him after dinner. its also part of our bedtime routine, and we use soap every night. he has gotten a bath every night since around 3 months. i cant believe people on here actually don't bath there babies, especially the older ones, every day. I can understand the ezcama. Lets hope they don't grow up to be the stinky kid in class.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009