Qestions for anyone with a husky or a dog similiar in size...........

How often do you feed them a day and how much? How has their feeding habbits changed since they were a puppy? How many times do you have to buy them food and what do you think the best brand for them are? just curious to see how much i should really feed my puppy i think i may be feeding him too much (3 times a day) he's about 13wks

n_o71605

Asked by n_o71605 at 4:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pets

• Some dogs you can leave dry food out all the time. For a puppy 3 times a day probably isn't too much. I would feed a puppy at least twice a day. I would go with Nutro large breed puppy dry food, one of the kinds that says your dog will poop less. My dog did a lot better when I switched her to Nutro. She had a lot of anxiety issues.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You may be feeding him a bit much. Your vet should be able to tell you. We have had 2 Huskies and LOVED them! You should be able to find a husky website with all the info you may need.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 4:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• How much are giving at each feeding, if I may ask?
    deadheadjen

Answer by deadheadjen at 4:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• you know the tops for the koolaid mix? i thinks it's about a cup......he always seems hungry tho and i really want him to be on a good diet now so we don't have to worry later
    n_o71605

Answer by n_o71605 at 5:22 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It depends on the type of food. If your feeding a lower grade food that is mostly corn then your going to be feeding a lot of food. I feed Taste of the Wild. Its a better food. I buy one bag every 3 weeks or so for my collie. She's free range fed.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 6:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I feed my small dog and my 2 cowdogs Maximum or Iams, whichever walmart isn't out of when I shop.

The outside "yard" dogs get the 21% feed from the feed store, which is really good food too, but cheaper, less filler, so they eat less.

We have always left food available at all times. It teaches the dogs not to glutton or hoard their food around other dogs, and curbs food aggression.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 8:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I feed my husky 2 very large cups of dog food a day and he gets treats :]
    ours

Answer by ours at 8:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i grew up with huskies, and the amount of food depends on their body type. we had skinny, lanky ones all the way to chunky short ones, and they all ate different amounts. a good quality food is ideal. ours preferred to stay outdoors most of the time (even though we wanted them in the house- they are so warm and fuzzy and cuddly!!) so my parents would get a higher quality/higher fat content food for the winter months to make sure they stayed warm enough. the last one my parents have left now gets roughly 3-4 cups of food a day, is about 55lbs, and is the shortest and chunkiest one we've had. for some reason though, she's never been a big eater, so she hardly ever finishes all her food. so really, it depends on the body type they have. i'd ask your vet what s/he recommends.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 10:04 AM on Aug. 7, 2009