Prescription weight loss medicine? (any suggestions)

Has anyone been prescribed any prescription weight loss medicine before that actually works. I currently have an appointment for weight loss and I would really like to know a bit more about whats out there. If you are anyone you know have ever been prescribed anything can you please let me know the name and what was the outcome once the medication was prescribed.

2ninos

Asked by 2ninos at 4:47 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'd rather just eat right and exercise, those meds cause more side effects than anything.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I've heard good things about Meridia but unless your weight is adversely affecting your health you're relly better off using diet and exercise. It takes longer but it's better for you in the long run.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 9:56 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• After my first son was born, my doctor gave me fastin (phentermine) and I lost 35 pounds in 7 weeks. Kept it off for 7 years, then I had 2 more babies back to back. I agree, a healthy diet and exercise are the best way, but sometimes we need a little help. I just went back on the fastin this week ( I haven't been on it for many years....and have quite a few pounds to use. I've tried to do it without help, and finally decided I needed a little help. I started on Tuesday, and I've lost 5 pounds this week. I'm also following the South Beach Diet while I take them, and walking daily. When I get my weight down a little more I plan on taking aerobics classes and swimming. Good luck!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 8:14 PM on Aug. 7, 2009