A 7 month old being stubborn while getting his diaper on

Does anyone else have this problem? Whenever I go and put a diaper on my son he struggles and wiggles free of me putting on his diaper. It's driving me nuts. He doesn't have any diaper rash. He doesn't do it with my boyfriend, just me. Any suggestions on how to keep him still?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• A lot of babies are like that. Sometimes if you change position they will co-operate better. This will pass.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 4:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Yes, my daughter is 7 months old too and going through the exact same thing. She doesn't always do it, but definitely after bathtime and certain random periods throughout the day. I take a toy and shake it or whatever, to distract her. It works momentarily but it helps get the job done
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• my son did that too and still does and he's 9 months old. just have patience it will pass.
    trl30

Answer by trl30 at 4:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Give 'em a small smack on the thigh and say NO! it worked for me :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Just do it quick
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am so sick of hearing all the moms that are smacking their babies. Parenting 101 needed. All you have to do is distract with a toy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I hope the smackin' mom is just joking!! Lol, I know my 7 month old knows what "no" means, but she wouldn't get the concept of a smack. Anyways, she does try to roll over when I change her diaper or she'll pull her feet to her mouth and stare at them (but this actually helps me!!). Have you tried giving him a toy to distract him?
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 5:32 PM on Aug. 6, 2009