Things you forgot to do/buy before you brought home baby??

I am trying to make sure all my ducks are in a row, what are somethings you wish you would have done before you went into labor, or things you forgot to buy?
Also, any advice would be appreciated!!

JnCV

Asked by JnCV at 4:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just make sure you pack your bag! LOL! About 2 weeks before I was due I was at work and my boss asked if I had packed my bag yet, and I'm like "nope, I still have 2 weeks!", he laughed and said I better do that soon. I had her the next night!!!! I started having contractions over night and had to pack my bag during the day while I was waiting at home for them to get closer. I also had to go to the mall and buy a robe and nursing pajamas!!! LOL! Classic case of procrastination!!!
    musikdoll

Answer by musikdoll at 4:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I did not buy any nursing tops. If you're going to bf, I highly recommend having a couple nursing tank tops and cotton breast pads. The leaking is insane and it is frustrating to be yanking down or pulling up your tops to bf every hour or so. I waited cause everyone said I wouldn't know how big I got and we had to run to the maternity store the first week after she was born. I'd also get some nursing bras if you can.

For baby:

Liquid Tylenol
    Nasal aspirator
    Gloves or mitts
    nail clippers/nail file.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 4:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Lots of blankets
    Breast pump, (i wish I would have gotten it beffore baby was born)
    kirsty_mcgrail

Answer by kirsty_mcgrail at 4:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• pack the diaper bag.. my husband had 2 pack it and bring it w him
    connorsmom2009

Answer by connorsmom2009 at 5:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wish that I had gotten those "U" shape pillows (i'm not sure what they are called) and a baby CD that has the sounds of the womb. A friend got me one after he was a month old and it helped out a lot.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 5:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Make sure you have a pedi picked out! That was my big one. I though, I still have 2 or 3 weeks. Nope. I also didn't have anything for breastfeeding. So get a pack of nursing pads. You might need the lanolin too if you nurse. IF you don't nurse, you might still want the pads. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wish i had packed my bag. lol. My daughters birth was literally sudden. My doctor was concerned about my levels of protein and it had been high for a couple weeks prior so we had her via c-section that day. We had to rush home and throw things into a duffel and get back to the hospital. Next time, i'm packing well in advance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I wish I could help but I went into premature labor so we didn't have a bassinet until I was discharged from the hospital... I packed my bag while practically running out the door... Nursing pads even if you aren't nursing because you will still leak all over if you are like me... lol Next time I am packing 8 weeks in advance. lol
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I told SO I wanted to clean the house from top to bottom before the baby came. I'm the queen of procrastination and SO ended up leaving the hospital soon after our son was born so he could clean the house the way I wanted! I wanted him to stay with me at the hospital but I also wanted the house spic and span before we brought the baby home so he had to do it for me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The day DD came home DH went out & bought every breastfeeding book they had at ToysRUs & a cheap breast pump...
    I was so busy reading everything about pregnancy I forgot to study up on breastfeeding!!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 5:35 PM on Aug. 6, 2009