how long after you were married did you get pregnant?

My hubby and I have been married for 3 months now. We had talked about starting a family soon, but not sure if it is the right time. should we just enjoy being newlyweds for a while, or get right into the family thing. BOth of us want a baby, but we want to be wise about the time also.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Our first child was a miscarriage...year 92...our second...2002...so married in 1988...14 years
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Four years. There's no rush. Enjoy the time alone together while you have it.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 5:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I was already pregnant when hubby and I got married, the next pregnancy was about 7 years later. We both do wish we had more time for just the two of us before kids. We have three now, our oldest is 17 and the youngest is almost 8, but the good thing about starting so young, we will still be young when they are all grown up..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• we waited 2 years and then we were ready , its all a matter of you and your hubby and if you both feel ready because it definately changes things but when your ready its a positive change.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 5:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• the first time we were a month into it.. the second the baby came 4m after we got married..
    ArlieBeeMee

Answer by ArlieBeeMee at 5:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We were married about a year and a half. One of the main reasons we got married was to have a family so I didn't see the point in waiting too long. I understand people who want to wait and enjoy each other, but we were dating for 2 years before that, so we did have plenty of time to be with just each other.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 5:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We were married April 15,2006 and I got a positive pregnancy test June 16,2006. lol Yes, we planned on getting pregnant. We both wanted to have kids "young" and we had already been living together for 2 years so getting married really only changed my last name.
    kfroz0415

Answer by kfroz0415 at 5:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Oh and baby came 7½ months later... We say he was just in a hurry. lol
    kfroz0415

• i conceived 3 months after meeting him. were still not married but we were living together since a week after meeting.
    colesmommy2009

Answer by colesmommy2009 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We got married in 2004 and started to try for a baby last September. I got pregnant around Thanksgiving. We waited until he was finished with college - we both met in the Navy, so he started college later than most people - and then we waited until I was out of the Navy since he was able to find good job with decent medical benefits right out of college.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 5:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009