If you are on the computer and your toddler pulls your hand do you go and play with her or you continue on the computer?

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It depends on what I am doing. Usually if I am on when my kids are awake and will possibly want my attention I am doing something quick and important, so if one comes over and taps me or grabs my hand I will pick them up and sit them in my lap while I finish up what I am doing. Occasionally I'll get on and "play" like right now when they are busy playing quietly and if they do it then I get off of here.

Answer by whittear at 5:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• go play with my kid

Answer by Safirejewl at 5:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I push him down on his butt and say, "get lost, kid".

Answer by benjamink at 5:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i LOVE when they do that. i lift 'em onto my lap and open a new tab for youtube... and my son and daughter both know how to turn the speakers on and we find silly videos and laugh and dance and stuff.

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• LOL benjamink! I'm assuming you're kidding, and i was tempted to write the same thing! :p

If i'm doing something important, like paying bills or whatnot i'll tell him i'll come play when i'm finished. He's old enough to understand that now (2 1/2) so he doesn't get upset usually. But if it's something silly (like being on here! LOL!) i'll go play (or whatever it is he wants) when he asks me to.

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• if i am paying a bill or writing something important i will have them sit with me and help push keys while i finish up... especially if i'm printing. they load the paper and have a blast.

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i would go and play with them and when they get down get back on and finsh up what im doing

Answer by lagurl at 5:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It depends on what I am doing. I just finished my research paper this summer and really didnt have time to play with my DD while I was on the computer. Most of the time I would get off anyway and play with her and try and wait to do work until she was napping.
    It just really depends on what Im doing. Sometimes I sit her up here with me. If Im really doing something important then Ill put on Mickey Mouse until Im done and then go play

Answer by lilmsnay83 at 6:38 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i do both. i playwith her then go back to the comp or i play with her on the computer. she loves going on noggin and fisher MY DD LIKES ME TO SIT AND LOOK AT HER PLAY BUT SHE WONT PLAY WITH ME=(

Answer by piwife at 7:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I don't get on the computer when shes awake... Just don't have anything that important to do on here.

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 7:03 PM on Aug. 6, 2009