Having touble coping today

We are out of money. I lost my job when I went into the hospital with gull bladder surgery. My fiance only makes after he pays his child support about $600 a month. He is good at computers but is scared to try for jobs when he doesnt have any certifications. It irritates me that he wont even try to get another job or a better first job. I applied to get SSI so I am not suppose to be working. If they find out I even got a under the table job I am denied and possibly prosecuted for fraud. I cant make myself leave the house most days. Im scared. we paid water and electric but all the rest, car insurance, phone, internet are all about to be shut off. Our landlord says we can work off our rent this month but what about next month? I dont know what to do. I want to be able to work but every time i do I loose the job within 2 months. I feel like I am not a good mom. I cant even provide for my son and I am short tempered and depressed

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• It is very hard and a long process to get on SSI. I have Primary Immune Deficiency (the boy in the bubble disease), fibromyalgia, polyarthritis, osteoarthritis, Graves disease, migraines, ocular migraines, plantar fasciitis, and other medical problems and take 14 medications. I have to get IVs all day every 3 weeks to protect me from infections so I can go out in the real world sometimes. I use a wheelchair. I have an IV port in my chest. I'm in the hospital 4-5 times a year.

It took like 3 years and 3 hearings to get on SSI. Then they took me off once just because they could and it took about 2 years to get back on. All of my doctors think I should be on SSI.

If you are trying to get on SSI for the $670 a month it is much better to figure out ANY other way to get $670. Don't count on SSI anytime soon. You can wait years and not get it.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:53 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I can feel you hun! Times are really hard my husband is on SSI and he is disabled I work full time and go to school full time, things have been very expensive and I have two kids:) My daughter is only 19 months and I am gone at work and school more than I am home, then I get home and I am spending my last cent just to put dinner on the table for my kids and I miss my kids I gat down alot if you ever need to talk you can just send me a FR
    CrystalPmom2

Answer by CrystalPmom2 at 5:34 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I believe you are incorrect in thinking you are not allowed to work while seeking disability. Call Legal Aid or a SSI attorney. I believe the rule is you can't make more than what you would receive on SSI. I know I can't make more than what I receive but I can work. It's possible it's based on what you are claiming disability for but check into it. You could even call SSI and not give your name, just ask a hypothetical question or it might be on their website.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• according to what ssi said is after I am APPROVED I can work for a certin amount of money less than they give for ssi up to like $800
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• omg I am so sorry to hear about your illnesses. I cant imagine trying to face all that pain! You are a brave woman! I understand... I guess the keep getting a job getting fired thing will go on...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009