Potty EEK!!!

Well I have had a breakthrough in potty training my 4 yr old. Last weekend I told him no more pull ups potty or nothing so night and day he has been in undies. The first few days was rough I thought I had a dog all the pee pee I cleaned on the floor. I told him I would take away his video game if peed on the floor and when he peed in the potty I would give it back. Well anyway he has started peeing in the potty kind of...... he will stand over it and make sure it falls through his undies into the potty. Which btw I praise the crap out of him for peeing in the potty. Thank god for small favors. Now I just got to get those undies off. Suggestions?

JrSmOm2005

Asked by JrSmOm2005 at 5:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• naked. it's the only way.... sorry. he wont like peeing all over himself at 4, too uncomfortable.
    when he wakes up tomorrow his undies drawer should be barren. 1 naked day.... maybe even just a few hours... will work wonders. he'll get used to the sensation and you'll make enormous progress.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Dont be concerned if he still has nighttime accidents....Kids bladders are smaller than ours...sometimes they really cant help it.

My dd will be 4 in a few weeks and still wears pull ups at night....I am not worried about it.

mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 5:57 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I am not worried about nighttime so much the other night I went to check on him and he pooped on the floor. If he has learned one thing he does not like laying or sitting in pee or poop in his bed. I'm just trying to get his daytime potty training down.
    JrSmOm2005

Answer by JrSmOm2005 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009