Help! My wedding ring doesn't fit. What should I do?

I don't want to remove my wedding ring but it's so tight right now I'm worried it'll cut off my circulation. Did you experience this? If so, what did you do? It's important to me that I still recognize my marriage and that people know I'm married.

jennchantal

Asked by jennchantal at 5:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I couldn't wear my wedding ring anymore at almost 8 months. I got a nice long necklace and put the ring on it!
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 5:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Agree with crazypink.

You don't want to lose a finger.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 5:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I just dont wear it on the days that my fingers swell too much. I don't feel like i have to prove that i'm married to anyone, so it doesn't bother me too bad. I know a lot of people put them on chains around their necks, but i'm not much of a necklace wearer, and i'd be afraid of losing it that way.
    MommaTurbo

Answer by MommaTurbo at 5:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You can buy an inexpensive wedding band in a larger size.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 5:55 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i swelled up so bad when i was in my last two weeks of pregnancy i couldnt get my class ring off (wasnt married yet) i remember the doctor warning me if i cant get it off its very likely they will cut the ring off....i soaked my hand in icewater untill i could get that sucker off...LOL
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Buy a chain for it and hang it around your neck.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I took mine off the last month of pregnancy and wore a bigger ring on the same finger. I felt "naked" with nothing there, so at least I had something to show I was married.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It is very dangerous to wear it if it is too small. I say just take it off...wear it on a necklace if you want to. Just dont wear it on your finger if its too small...bad idea
    wntg1grl

Answer by wntg1grl at 6:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i have mine on a chain around my neck. I think it bothers DH that I don't wear it, but if it doesn't fit anymore it doesn't fit!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 6:44 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I bought a plain gold band and after she was born I wore it on my thumb to remember which side I last breastfed on!
    warrenfamily95

Answer by warrenfamily95 at 6:45 PM on Aug. 6, 2009