Aftermath of a seizure

two weeks ago my two yr old had his first seizure at daycare while taking a nap, since then we have noticed a complete turn around in his attitude, he used to be a shy quiet nice kid, he never said much he always shared his toys with other kids and never hit kicked or bit, now sicne the seizure he is doin all of these things. i'm not sure how to handle this because hes got two letter sent him today from his daycare teacher and the director or the daycare. i expressed my feelings with them after i noticed the stuttering and they have kept a close eye on him. any suggestions or concerns are welcome!

bosslady87

Asked by bosslady87 at 6:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I am sorry to hear that!
    Did you talk to your pediatrician about it yet?
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 6:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• First of.. Im sorry he had a seizure. Second... he need's to see a specialist. I am now 22 and have had over 20 seizures. It can and will effect his brain after a while. There are different types of seizures as well and a good doctor can explain them to you and help you figure out what type it was and then go from there. Get everything checked out.. it will be expensive but you really could be saving his life. Seizures can become deadly. I don't mean to scare you or freak you out and I never really answer questions on here but I had to tell you. I started having the seizures when I was a young child as well and I can tell you that yes they can change your personality. You really REALLY should have him checked out. Don't let a family doctor tell you it's nothing and to not worry...if they tell you that.. get a new doctor! Email me if you have questions or want more information. I hope your son feels better.
    Haileysmomma820

Answer by Haileysmomma820 at 7:28 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• thank you both! like i said i got these letters today and i plan on taking him to his doc in the morning and if she isnt talkin right then i do plan on seeing someone else. so far he hasnt had another but man his personality has made him someone i dont know!
    bosslady87

Answer by bosslady87 at 7:50 PM on Aug. 6, 2009