wine help, please?

I've never drank wine in my whole life, not even that boxed stuff as a teen/college student, lol. I don't care about red vs. white... nor do I know the difference. I want something fruity, light, refreshing, not bitter or with a bite... I want to love it. Suggestions, plz? Sweet and nummy is my goal... I've smelled wine before and it was never appealing so I really wanna give it a shot.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Brachetto d'Acqui is an excellent dessert wine, my favorite by far. It's sweet, fruity and awesome. Only thing is, you'll have to go to a wine store to get it. Not sold in grocery stores. White Merlot isn't too awfully dry. Try to find a blush (pinkish) wine, most are sweet. German Rieslings are nice too. If you did decide to venture in to a wine store, just ask who ever works there for some help, they know waaay more than your average kid at a grocery store. I just found this on google:

http://www.wines.com/catalog/sweet-wines.php

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I like mild wines, for white I like a pinot grigio, red I love pinot noir... you don't have to spend a fortune to get a decent wine...

My fav way to have wine is in a nice refreshing sangria, yum!
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 6:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• grams mom...holy smokes I thinkwe have some common ground. Those are my two choices as well...~smiles~
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 6:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• white zin.. .
    2manyangels

Answer by 2manyangels at 9:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I love Asti Spumante - it's a sparkling wine. Rossi and Martini is the brand I usually buy. You can get it at the grocery store, that is if your grocery store carries alcohol.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 11:04 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The Herzog brand wines are very good, sweet and yummy but a good class of wine
    SophiaofLight

Answer by SophiaofLight at 2:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I personally would try a Riesling(White Zinfandel,or even a Ice Wine) if you are looking for something sweet and fruity. Also see if you can find a good wine shop and ask for there suggestions and it's all about trial and error with wines and just because it's expensive doesn't mean it's worth drinking my DH & I have tried some great wines for $5 a bottle and paid alot more for some crappy ones. Enjoy!
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 8:31 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I hated wine til we went to a wine tasting bar and found a drink of heaven lol...Not sure if its sold in your area its a Tx wine...Llano..blush it is the freaking BOMB! Not dry like the dark red, and white wines, fruity...you can taste the strawberry in it...Too dont just swallow wine when drinking it tastes better to let it sit on your tongue for a bit first. But the Llano is about $7 here for a bottle so not badly priced either, and anytime we go to dinner we take a bottle and always get rave reviews...damn I should be doing marketing for them! lol
    vanessa432

Answer by vanessa432 at 1:55 PM on Aug. 7, 2009

• I personally don't care for sweet, but a gamay rouge is light, refreshing, and fruity - and sweet. :) Probably the best bottle of wine I've ever had. I usually get a chardonnay myself.
    BethLopez

Answer by BethLopez at 3:46 PM on Aug. 7, 2009