is it ok to have some brown discharge at 13 weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yep... at least, it was for me and a friend of mine who also had it when she was pregnant.
    I had it twice. Once before I found out I was pregnant - spotting... and then again at 12 weeks.
    My OB checked the baby's heartbeat and everything just to double check - but the baby was fine. :]

As long as it's not BRIGHT pink/red blood, and it's not associated with bad cramps, you'll be perfectly fine.

So far with this second pregnancy - I didn't have the spotting, we'll see if I have the discharge though.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:23 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I would sa no...at least for me...I have never had any spotting thru 3 pregnancies...this is my 4th. I have heard some say it is normal. I would certainly say stay off your feet and watch it closely. If it begins to turn red...call your dr ASAP!!! Good luck...
    wntg1grl

Answer by wntg1grl at 6:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I had brown discharge and slight cramping around 13 weeks with my second. I remember calling my doctor, and he said unless I was bleeding, to not worry. I was not happy about it though, because when you are pregnant you worry about everything, I know. But I would call your doctor and ask if he/she wants to see you, just in case. Better be safe than sorry. Good Luck.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 7:21 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• i go see my doctor tomorrow for an ultrasound. so i'll ask her then.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:24 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• With my first two pregnancies I never had any colored discharge until I lost my mucus plug.

With this pregnancy, at 12 weeks I had a horrible gush of bright red blood. SCARED ME TO DEATH. I went to the ER and everything, thankfully he was fine. For a few days I had some brown discharge after that incident. Then a week later I had a little more light brown discharge.

If it were red discharge I would call your dr or go to the ER, but otherwise, just bring it up at your next OB appt.

BTW.. I am now 36 weeks pregnant with my little man.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 8:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• This being my first pregnancy i had a little and i do every now and then and my doctor told me it could be just from working to much like putting strain on your body but she said that it is normal as long as its not like blood and your not getting it all the time for no reason and your not having really bad cramps with it the kind you can't get out of bed type
    mommy2b924

Answer by mommy2b924 at 8:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009