Help me figure out why DH did something.

The story. 1) DH told me a month ago his job was having a family oriented company picnic sometime this Summer
2) I told him that we could go, proceed with the sign-up sheet... which he confirmed he did for us and our 2 kids 3) I asked him numerous times to give me the date so I could make sure to keep it "open" and he kept forgetting to double check it. I sent my pocket calender to work with him for him to write it in, and he returned it to the desk drawer un-written in
4) Kids and I have both met 90% of his co workers and bosses many times and we've had a meals with some of the guys
5) Since he never told me the date and wasn't talking about it, I assumed it wasn't til much later, like early September..... but DH works 6 days a week right now and the break room is surely plastered with company picnic posters and memos
6) We were all driving to my Moms to see her new puppy this morning and kids spotted a bounce house in CONT.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

• I would'nt be pissed at him he has been working alot and he just forgot and when he was in the break room he had eat and get back to work. So just chalk it up and go next year not a big deal.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 6:36 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• ............ a bounce house in the distance. The picnic at a local park..... ending and over. DH was both pissed and embarrassed. Why did he do this? Forgot? Didn't wanna go? A jerk?
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Overworked. The picnic was probably more of a priority to you than it was to him.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If he was pissed and embarrassed... he was more than likely forgot.
    Mine does it all the time...eventually, I just take over. *shrugs*
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:20 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• He simply forgot it.

Answer by gdiamante at 6:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• He's working 6 days a week. Give the guy a break! I'm sure it was the last thing on his mind. I feel so sorry for your husband!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Here's the thing. Never depend on men to fill in the calendar. Next summer call the office and ask when it is. If you want something done right, do it yourself has always been my motto.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I agree with PP- most men are awful at scheduling, especially if he's working that much! I have to remind my DH when his mom's b-day is, and when we have friends over sometimes I have to practically beat the information into his head lol! Next time I would just call up and make sure when the date is- that way you look good, he's grateful to you for it, and there are no mis-communications!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• men are idiots
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 8:33 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Its not that men are idiots BambiF, its just that some men work harder and longer schedules then others. My hubby was working 6 days a week 11hrs a day for 2 months and going to school full time and he was exhausted and he had become forgetful about alot of things.
    kimosgirl08

Answer by kimosgirl08 at 11:59 PM on Aug. 6, 2009