Please help this hippy hermit!!! I'm going to a charity dinner/auction...

I donated a basket of my natural body products and they invited me to the event. Great! BUT I have no idea what to expect, what to wear, ect...

I am a new small biz and this is a great way for me to share my stuff with the community.
Please, I need some advice!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

• Oh, it's a big event. Our local paper covered the event, I have 2 weeks to get ready for it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Mmm... I'd just go with a basic black dress. Not too dressy - not too casual. Nice heels or flats.. whatever is comfortable with you. :]
    Or you can do a nice classy pinstripe business suit to represent yourself as a businesswoman.

Keep makeup to a natural minimum.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 6:41 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• is the event indoors or outdoors. if indoors a basic black dress is great maybe with some great silver accessories. if the event is outdoors and since it is still summer you can go a bit more whimiscal with natural colors with a bit more flare with your accessories. if the event is a Black Tie event then you must dress to the nines for that and that may require you to get an evening gown for the night.
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 9:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You can't go wrong with a beautiful black dress, heels and a pretty necklace.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Aug. 7, 2009