Anyone facing an ovarian cyst? What did you do and what can I expect?

Just dx and wondering what to do next

tazbo5982

Asked by tazbo5982 at 6:25 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• Ovarian cysts come and go. I just waited and mine got smaller.
    GailllAZ

Answer by GailllAZ at 6:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• There all different kinds. Most times they get big right before your period and shrink down to nothing. They do hurt if they pop!! OMG it will knock you over. I actually had one the size of a baseball I had removed when I was 19. It turned out to be a tumor... yummy. There isn't much to do. Sometimes high doses of birth control can control them.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 6:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Cysts a lot of times will go away on their own. I have PCOS, basically meaning I get them all the time and a lot of the time don't even know I have them. I have had one burst and I can honestly say it was the most painful thing I've ever had happen (although I have not given birth yet so we'll see afterward lol). They can try hormone treatment with different birth control pills and do u/s to make sure it doesn't become too large. If it does, then they might have to operate, although I've never had that happen. It really sounds a lot scarier than they are - don't worry too much about it or stress too much! Good luck hon and I hope everything works out!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 8:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• From what I understand from my doctor, Ovarian Cysts are benign and do not usually need treatment. I too was worried but it turned out to be just another (not so pleasant) womanly experience!

I agree, don't worry too much about it. Good Luck!
    KnottyMomof1

Answer by KnottyMomof1 at 12:23 AM on Aug. 7, 2009