Do you have to wait till after your missed period before taking a preg test?

I'm on birth control pills and i know i could just be having side effects from that.Maybe i'm just being paranoid ,but i just have a gut instinct that it's not just side effects.Should i just wait and see if i miss my period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:49 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Some tests can tell you 5 days before you are supposed to get your period.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:51 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Well, that depends...I knew exactly what day mine would start and the next day I took a test and had a bfp...when you are on bc you should know when it will come, and I would say wait till that day comes and goes...otherwise you will spend more $ on tests...good luck
    wntg1grl

Answer by wntg1grl at 6:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• It depends on your body. I never did with any of my kids . I knew before i missed my period but i know that not every one works that way.
    MystikSky

Answer by MystikSky at 6:52 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I didn't wait. I just couldn't. I tested 8 days before my missed period and got 3 positives.

If you want to try a test, try one. If it comes up negative and you don't get your period, take another. Good luck!
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 7:30 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• no i took one almost a week b4 i missed mine with my 2nd and it told me. but the best ones to take is the ones that says it in words so that way you dont miss read it
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 8:58 PM on Aug. 6, 2009