HELP!...for those who adopted from California...

My son was born Oct 2008 in California. His adoption was finalized in May 2009 in Texas. For those of you who adopted in California, how long did it take to get your ammended birth certificate? I am in the military and PCSing to Cuba in Oct 2009 and must get his passport(which requires a birth certificate) to take him with me! I was told it could take up to a year to get the birth certificate! Is there any way to expedite it? When I adopted my daughter, after the finalization hearing, it only took a month to get the birth certificate. If anyone has any KIND suggestions, please let me know. Thank you in advance!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Adoption

• Before anyone says anything, I would never ever leave my son behind....I would just defer my orders til I get the proper paperwork.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:06 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• We are still waiting. Our grandkids were born in CA and adopted in Texas to. After 9 months I called to check the status and found the paperwork had never been forwarded to CA. We had to submit the whole thing again. The adoption was final May of 2008. Refiled in April 2009. I have it on my calendar to call next week. The first thing I would do is make sure they recieved your request in CA.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:42 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Good luck! Sorry, I found out there are two whole workers doing all of the birth certificate stuff in Sacramento for ALL of CA. That includes foster, private domestic, and international adoptions. I would call and make sure they have all the paperwork, but do it on a day that you have off, because if you call and they call you back without you answering, you have to call again. We adopted in CA from CA, in 2006, it took 11 mo before we got the new birth certificate.
    jothra

Answer by jothra at 1:22 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• ust as an FYI you do not need his birth cert for a passport! both my little ones were adopted and had passports before their adoptions were even final! BTW we got our birth certs about 10 months after the adoption finalized. Cal is SLOWWWWW. If you need info on how to get the passport without the birth cert let me know and I can send you an email detailing the whole process and even the name of the one woman who is an expert in these situations! my email is gabbie125@yahoo.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• LOL Soo sorry the above Anonymous post is from me! I thought it ment it would go just to you! Anyway let me know if you need any help!
    AmyJo34

Answer by AmyJo34 at 11:50 AM on Aug. 7, 2009

• AmyJo34,

I am the OP and I sent you an email. Thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Aug. 7, 2009