Help!!! I dont think im bulimic!

Im forcing my self to throw up since January. i know im a little over weight, but i dont do it to lose weight, im just stressesd and it makes me feel less stressed!
My husband is deployed and i have an infant, but my friends are freaking out cause they think i have bulimia... but i DONT do it to get skinny. i love the way i look...
Help How do i stop?!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:11 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Health

• Make an appointment and see your Dr. now! Doesn't matter why you are doing it at this point, what matters is that you can't seem to stop yourself. Please, your Dr. can best advise you on what to do, where to get the help you need.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 7:14 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If you are throwing up to make yourself feel good, sorry its the same as throwing up to lose weight, if you cant stop its a problem and bulemia. Professional help is the best, once you have gotten into a pattern it is hard to stop on your own, it becomes an obsession or addiction. Check on line to see if there are any support groups to help in the mean time but I think professional help will be the best since you cant stop on your own.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 7:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• just stop before you cant. bulimia is a serious "disease" which can alter your body in many ways til you cant keep anything down even if you tried. Find other stress relievers. Go for a walk, take yourself to a movie, or spa, anything to clam you when you feel stressed, but please stop making yourself thro up, u are literally killing your organs and esophagus. the acid from throwing up constantly will start to ulcer your esophagus, and cause major problems with your swallowing ability. bottom line, stop before it kills you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:16 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Bulimia is not about losing weight- it's about self esteem and when you are stressed it gives you something you feel you can control when everything around you is out of control. If you find that you can't stop on your own you need to seek medical help. Good luck and I hope everything works out!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 7:46 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• You are going to destroy your esophagus. The acid from your stomach will do serious damage if you continue. This is not healthy behavior both physically and mentally. Get help immediately.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• Hello Sweetheart,I cant agree more with anonymous 6:16. I had this same issue but I did it to lose weight BUT....It first started because I was stressed to the max and full of pain and thats when it all started. When I first started it was the best feeling in the world,I was finally in control of something and then everything turned wrong. I went from making myself sick to everytime I put food in my mouth...It came right back up and I couldnt hold nothing down. Try AND GET HELP NOW BEFORE IT'S TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL! Good luck sweetheart!
    laura72150

Answer by laura72150 at 2:27 AM on Aug. 9, 2009