How do you ease/prevent air sickness?

We are flying this weekend. My son and I both tend to get very sick at our stomachs on flights. Is there anything we can take or do to prevent this? I also get a really weird tingly pain in my head sometimes when we fly. Its not always but it has happened a few times and is very painful. Has this happened to anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Kids' Health

• Dramamine works for both my brother (age 34) and my granddaughter (age 5). You can get it in a non-drowsy formula (although my brother says he prefers to sleep through the longer flights.)
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 7:17 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• So you've actually heard of the weird prickly pain in your head before and Dramamine will help that too? What is that? Is it just cabin pressure or something? Great! Thank you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• The Dramamine is for the nausea. The prickly sensation is most likely from the cabin pressure. The pressurize the cabin at about 6000 feet above sea level, so if you are not used to higher elevations that could be causing the sensation you are talking about. Some people get very bad headaches from it and their ears pop. You can try chewing gum to ease this.
    NannyTracy

Answer by NannyTracy at 8:18 PM on Aug. 6, 2009