Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This is?

What do you do when your mother tells you now that you are grown with your own family I should not have to come to her for comfort. I feel like I should be able to turn to my parents for comfort, its not like I'm asking for money are a place to live. Me and my husband are having a ruff time, he turned to other women and I want to get my mothet support, I put God first but I still wanted her support. Maybe its just that she couldn't turn to her mom after she gave her away when she was a young girl, then her fahter died when she was 5, She has a small connection with her mom now but it's not anything to serious, her mom doesn't even call her on her b-day. How do I get through to her, I just need her comfort. She don't talk about her feelings are emotions,

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (3)
  • Oh wow I am so sorry! Honestly you cant make your mother be emotionally available for you. Turn to some of your friends at church or even some friends you have made online. I know its hard. I have been through a lot too. Maybe a great Christian counselor would help!!

    Answer by stickyfingers at 7:37 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Unfortunately we can't change who our parents are. Can you tell her how much it would mean to her if she was able to support you emotionally? If you've done that already and she's not able to be there for you, you might want to seek out a therapist or seek out the support of someone within your church or perhaps a mommy support group?

    So sorry you're going through this.

    Answer by Gruntlings at 7:48 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Maybe you and I should talk, I can't talk to my mother either!

    Answer by matobe at 9:27 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.