Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you have to make to take advantage of the child credit at tax time?

I was told that you only need a W2 but I was also told by someone else that you have to make a minimum of $1,500 to take advantage of it. By the way, I live in Indiana

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:39 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)

    There isn't a minimum that I can see.

    Answer by gdiamante at 8:01 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

  • Call the IRS 1-800-829-1040 - Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

    Answer by rkoloms at 8:13 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.