How do i get my son to poop in the potty?

my son is peeing in the potty but will not poop and wants to wear big boy underware.. i clean poop out of them every day..if not through them away. i have tried to take things away doesn't work. i have bribed him with toys but that is not working either... Please Help.

superm04

Asked by superm04 at 7:54 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have 3 boys and i hope i am as lucky with the younger 2 as i was with my first son, but i won't count on it. With my first son, he potty trained literally in one day!!! i think because he was developmentally ready. I just told him that if he needed to poop, he had to do his business in the big boy potty---he actually did it the very first time. I used one of those seat adjusters on our potty and that worked for him. He is a very neat kid though and has never liked to be messy. Good luck. I would try one of those seat adjusters with him, esp one w/ his fav. characters on it. Also you can try rewards with him every time he poops in the potty. Even if it is specail mommy time. Use whatever he llikes.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:02 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• I have the same problem. But every couple of days, I will catch him and he will go in the toilet. Sometimes I have to wait for him to go a little bit and then he finishes in the toilet. He's been in big boy underwear for 2 months. Only have had to wash poop out maybe 3 times a week. So gross though. I hate it. I have to sit with him and pretend to poop too for him to "get it". I think he was scared to fall in, maybe yours is too?
    coutterhill

Answer by coutterhill at 8:29 PM on Aug. 6, 2009