Is it possible?

i was just wondering if u decide to tell an ultrasound technician that u don't want to know the sex of your baby at the anatomy scan, would it be possible for u to know just by looking at the images or does it take technique and experience to be able to tell and get a still image for the parents to also be able to see the sex of their baby??

fay101

Asked by fay101 at 8:05 PM on Aug. 6, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You can pretty much take a good guess as to the gender... but if you don't want to know.. they usually avoid that area - or you can turn your head away.
    For our son, I knew... lol. Not to mention, the OB said "And here's the little soldier, sticking straight up."
    DH is in the Army... the expression when he found out was PRICELESS. :D
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 8:07 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• so can u only see there little parts if their legs are apart? or can u see them when they are simply moving their legs around in a lying position?......i think u'd be able to see more obviously if it were a boy right? or is it the same for both of them?
    fay101

Answer by fay101 at 8:15 PM on Aug. 6, 2009

• If you're not used to ultrasounds you might not even be able to tell. I had spent a lot of time looking at Ultrasound pictures and after my first two were girls, I "knew" what that would look like, so it was quite obvious to me that this baby had a penis instead. :)

If you've never seen pictures before or at least not much it'll all be pretty strange to you at least the first few times and if you tell them you don't want to know, they'll not tell you and might even avoid that area.
    WillDoDa

Answer by WillDoDa at 8:19 PM on Aug. 6, 2009